Myanmar CATAN Tournament 2019
Hosted by SPACE 17 - Board Game Hub
Sitt Nyein Soe
1st Runner -up: Han Win Aung
2nd Runner-up: Orihara Satoshi
3rd Runner-up : Chan Myae Khine
15x 3Hr game table tickets
(worth 4 lakh in total cash value)
1x 3Hr game table tickets (worth 20k in total cash value)
3x 3Hr game table tickets (worth 60k in total cash value)
5x 3Hr game table tickets (worth 1 lakh in total total cash value)
- To raise public awareness on benefits of playing board games & to promote board game culture among Myanmar people.
- To network new players & hobbyists through board game meet-ups & workshops.
- To exercise World Catan Championship's tournament rules & to encourage qualified national players to enter international tournaments in the following years.
Preliminary Round (22 Sep)
- Each player shall join 3 games of Catan. (48 players, 4 per each, 12 tables in play concurrently. Repeat another 2 times.)
- The number of victories shall be used to rank players.
- 8 top-ranked players shall level up to the semi-final.
- In case of ties, the total sum of victory points across all three games shall be used as the first tiebreaker.
- If ties still exist after that, the second tiebreaker shall be the sum of the percentage of victory points the players reached at their three tables. If there are still any ties after that, lots shall be drawn.
Semi-final (29 Sep)
- Each semi-finalist shall play 1 game of Catan. (8 players, 4 per each table, 4 tables in play concurrently.)
- Winners and 1st runner-up from each table shall level up to the final table.
Final (29 Sep)
- 4 finalists shall play 1 game of Catan. (4 players, 4 per each table, only 1 table in play.)
- The winner of the final table is the Champion of Myanmar CATAN Tournament 2019 & shall be rewarded the 1st Prize worth of 4 lakh.
TRADE . BUILD . SETTLE